Social Media Usage Policy
True Flourish Counseling is on Instagram. True Flourish Counseling uses Instagram to provide education, advocacy, and short-form content in a field that is growing more and more technologically advanced. We hope that our account sparks thoughtful conversations and encourages you to take steps toward true flourishing. As with everything, there are risks and benefits to being on social media – here are a few that I want to make sure you’re aware of.
- A therapeutic relationship is a professional relationship – in today’s world, following your therapist on Instagram is not to be confused with having a relationship outside of therapy. Ethical, professional, and therapeutic boundaries and guidelines must be adhered to and honored.
- If you are a current or former client and you follow me on social media, please know that I value confidentiality, so all of my interactions with you on social media will be kept minimal and general. Remember, anything you comment on social media is public, and therefore is not considered confidential. I cannot guarantee DM’s are confidential either, as Instagram is not intended to be used for confidential communication. In order to honor professional boundaries and ethical nuances, I will not follow past or current clients. If you’d like me to see something about your social media page, please bring it to one of our sessions and we can look at it together there.
- A counselor’s Instagram page is not a replacement for therapy, should not be confused for a therapeutic relationship, and does not count as mental health care. I am not seeking endorsement, making requests of, or ratings from past or current clients.
- Social media posts should not be considered professional advice. The information contained in posts is general information for educational purposes only. Please ask your doctor or your therapist in session if you need advice or support for your health and well-being.
- If you or someone you know are suicidal, please call 988, 911, or visit your local emergency room.
How do I sign up for services?
To sign up for services you should fill out your information here and I will reach out to you to find a time for your free consultation.
Does True Flourish Counseling accept insurance?
At this point, I am unable to accept insurance, which means that all of my clients are private-pay. Depending on your insurance company, you may be allowed to use your FSA (Flexible Spending Account) or HSA (Health Savings Account) to pay for therapy.
How much does therapy cost? How much does it cost at True Flourish Counseling?
My goal at True Flourish Counseling is to provide outstanding and personalized mental healthcare at an affordable cost. According to Forbes Health, the average cost of a therapy session across the U.S. ranges from $100-$200. In Pennsylvania, the average cost of therapy per session is $140.
Here are the True Flourish Counseling rates:
Individual Counseling: $100/55 minutes
Couples Therapy: $120/55 minutes
If the cost of therapy is prohibitive to you, please connect with me anyway. You may qualify for a scholarship.